Opening a CWB Trust Services investor mortgage account
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and complete these forms online. To get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader, visit the Adobe website at www.adobe.com.
To download a form or document:
- Right click on the file, and select 'Save Link As' to save the file on your computer
- Go to where the file is saved
- Right click, and select 'Open With' Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
Original forms are no longer required to process new account applications or transactions. We accept completed scanned or faxed copies of any form.
Setting up the account
You will need to open one of the following accounts:
|Account type||Required forms||Need help?||Additional requirements|
|RRSP/RRIF||CWBTS Self-Directed Registered Account Application
||Help Guide||A locking-in agreement for all locked-in accounts|
|TFSA||CWBTS TFSA Application||Help Guide||Please enclose a legible copy of a government issued photo ID (see Part 5 of the TFSA Application Form for more details)|
Please note: The "Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement" portion of the New Account Application Form or the TFSA Application Form has to be completed prior to submission if there is no securities dealer appointed to the account, or if non-marketable securities are the only assets being held within the plan.
Funding the account
You will need to have sufficient funds in the account to cover the purchase amount and any applicable processing fees. If funds are not available, you may do one of the following:
- Make a new contribution into your CWB Trust Services RRSP or TFSA by sending a cheque to our office (please indicate "contribution" on the cheque)
- Transfer funds from an existing registered account or TFSA at another institution to the CWB Trust Services account
- Transfer Authorization for Registered Investments (T2033)
- Sample guide on how to complete the T2033 form
- Detailed guide on transferring to an arm’s length mortgage in-kind
Setting up the mortgage
Please select the mortgage package for your account:
- Arm's Length Mortgage
- Non-Arm's Length Mortgage
Please note, CWB Trust Services will accept the appraisal conducted by an appraiser with either the AACI (Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute) or the CRA (Canadian Residential Appraiser) designation.
CWB Trust Services is a member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC). Deposits held in CWB Trust Services registered accounts (i.e. RRSPs, RIFs, RESPs, RDSPs, TFSAs, LIRAs and LIFs) are eligible for CDIC insurance coverage of up to $100K CAD equivalent. See full list of eligible products here.
Additional information on restrictions and maximum coverage limitations are outlined in the CDIC page Protecting Your Deposits. For more information, please contact 1.800.461.CDIC (1.800.461.2342).