Corporate Private Lenders
Is your private lending or mortgage investment firm looking for opportunities to fund more one-to-one private real estate investment deals? CWT's Arm's Length Mortgages can be a valuable addition to your firm's portfolio.
Start funding non-traditional mortgages with CWT's Arm's Length Mortgages
Do you have a client who is looking to invest, but doesn't qualify as an investor for one of your funds? Looking to add a one-to-one private real estate investment option to your firm's portfolio? CWT's Arm's Length Mortgages offer a solution to Corporate Private Lenders to fund non-traditional mortgages.
Application to funding in five easy steps
- The lender opens a CWT self-directed registered account (e.g. RRSP, TFSA*, RRIF) and funds the account.
- The lender sends completed copies of CWT’s Investing in an Arm’s Length Mortgage and Instruction to Solicitor forms to their lawyer to detail the mortgage’s terms.
- The lender’s lawyer conducts the required investigation on the property, drafts the mortgage documents, and sends a request for funding.
- CWT receives the paperwork from the lender’s lawyer and issues funds to the lawyer from the lender’s registered or locked-in self-directed account.
- The lawyer sends CWT a final report with the registered mortgage, title certificate, insurance binder, and if required by the lender, title insurance.